Google Glass is not just a new product that Google gives to the world to take pictures more easily or to navigate a city hands free.
It is the product that Google has been working towards, one step at a time. By combining all their services (Google+, Google Calendar, - Now, -Weather, -Tasks, -Talk, -Maps, -Search, YouTube ...) Google Glass will be the next step in the consumer driven mobile revolution.
Google+ is not just an alternative, searchable copy of Facebook - or the replacement of the Yellow Pages - but it will be one of the engines behind Google Glass. Google Now (including Google Goggles), together with the new Google+ makes up the interface of the next phase of the internet and the next step in the digitization of our daily lives: Augmented Reality.
Imagine that everything you can do today with a smartphone or tablet, soon you’ll be able to do with Google Glass. Some examples:
- Faster first aid,
- Education and knowledge more accessible to all,
- Automatically scanning of QR codes,
- New opportunities for both old and new (social) media,
- Publishing on the Internet via voice control,
- The operation of household appliances and multimedia,
- Never having to look away to read a screen or to operate it
All functionalities of a smartphone, but much easier to use and safer via voice control.
Date (v2): January 8, 2014 | Author & Designer +Ivan Jans